Well , I have finally put together a little photo progression of my everyday makeup look . Not only is it a lot of work to document every step of putting on your makeup on in the morning ,but the idea of photographing your face in HD without make up on is a sadly scary in itself! All that to say here I am in all my Blotchy faced , acne scarred skinned glory !
I get asked a lot if I get “dressed up ” everyday . The answer is no. I’m not afraid or ashamed to be seen without having my beloved 30-45 min. in the morning of primping , but I do LOVE it . Its a creative outlet for me . The outfits , the hair and the makeup. All a part of our expressions of how we feel that day and how we want to go out into the world ! From the mom who has 5 short minutes to the woman going at that night for her first date with a guy. I believe its important in whatever way makes you feel the most confident to use the time you have to beautify yourself. Spiritually , emotionally and physically . I don’t plan on using this blog to discuss much outside of fashion and beauty related posts , but I do feel its important to start out by defining beauty for you all . Beauty is from God and we are meant to be beautiful . Inside and outside . We are created in the image of Christ . Take that however you will lol. Lets not get to heavy here.
Heres the deets:
Makeup : I love it .
Heres a list and picture of stuff I uses almost everyday !
Also , I don’t keep my make up clean. obviously . I could tell you I travel a lot and united airlines breaks something almost every time I fly , but that would be a lame excuse . I just don’t care enough.
1. Prep your skin . I use a oil free moisturizer and I spray my super oily skin with the NYX Matte finish spray .
2. Foundation . I still haven’t found a great summertime foundation. but I’m trying out this Almay Clear Complexion in the shade “400 Neutral ”
3. Brows!!! Get yourself some Anastasia dipbrow pomade! You can thank me later ! best $19 I have spent!! my shade is “Blonde”
4.Prime Those Lids ! I like the Maybelline color tattoo cream shadows for a base for the rest of my eye look. This one is in ” Caramel Cool”
5. I used this little drugstore pallet from WET and WIld
6. Line your eyes. I uses Loreal liquid liner in “carbon black ”
7. Under eye concealer . Use a shade or two lighter then your skin tone to add brightness and counteract those dark circles ! I am using Revlon Colorstay in “Light ”
8. Powder ( if your oily) to set your makeup all day. I lightly use Loreal True match Mineral Makeup in “Light Ivory”
9.Contour . As you can see I need a little help in the cheek bone department . I like to contour with a brown toned matte bronzer. This one is from “The Balm ” in the shade “Bahama Mama ”
10 . Blush : I used Sleek Makeup in “Rose Gold”
11. Highlight : I LOVE this one from “The Balm ” in “mary-loumanizer ” (dont get crazy with it )
12 . Mascara : I used Loreal Voluminous Million dollar lashes in ” Carbon Black ” ‘
13. Lips : I used a liner from NYX in the shade ” Nude” to fill in my whole lip and added a gloss by NYX in “Creme Brulee” to add some shine .
14. Lastly Repeat step one ( Only if your a oily girl like me !)
15. Disregard any of those steps if you don’t have this kinda time on your hands lol!!